Asbestos training is an important part of the asbestos removal program. Asbestos is an extremely hazardous material for human health and the people who are concerned with asbestos removal must go through the various asbestos training programs mandatory under the law. Anyone who deals with asbestos in his course of work is required to undergo the course of asbestos removal training. The asbestos training courses are tailored according to the degree of expertise required. They are suitable for people belonging to various levels in the organization like engineers, surveyors, asbestos operatives, maintaining personnel, contractors, and building and property-related maintenance companies; they all need to undergo asbestos removal training.
Types of asbestos removal training courses
There are various types of courses and there are also special courses offered by certain institutions which can be tailored according to the need of your organization.
Asbestos training courses are theory-based courses but if required the trainer can also impart practical training of asbestos removal in the course. It depends on the needs of the organization.
Benefits of the asbestos training course:
- When an individual undergoes asbestos training, in the initial stages he is taught various types of asbestos recognition and the health effects of the various procedures. He is shown samples of the various types of asbestos and this helps him in identifying the type and the potential danger of that particular type.
- The trainees are also trained where to look for asbestos. They look for it in pipe insulations, fire breaks, ceilings, floor tiles, shingles, and the like. You must learn during the asbestos training period where the asbestos is likely to be found. Otherwise unknowingly you may create a health hazard in the neighborhood.
- The employees also have a legal necessity under the recently passed “Control of Asbestos Regulation, 2006′ to make adequate arrangements for the asbestos training of their office personals. It is a short course, only for half a day or a full day. After the asbestos training is over the participants are provided a certificate that helps them in assuring the clients that they are trained and equipped to carry out the asbestos removal or maintenance.
- The courses for asbestos training cover all the aspects which a trainee ought to learn under various statutes and licensing units. The asbestos training courses can be undertaken even in the company’s premises if the trainer agrees to it. There are special discounts too for block booking and thus the asbestos training course becomes all the more affordable.
- The health and safety-related legislation require that as an employer you make arrangements for the instruction, information, and training of the workers who are involved in asbestos environments in any way.
- Even if it is maintenance or demolition of the asbestos, the workers must be adequately trained in it so that they can deal safely and properly in asbestos without creating any environmental and health issues. It is mandatory and apart from this reason, it saves you from troubles that may occur if your employees suffer from any health hazard and any financial issue which may crop up.